The Intellectual Property practice at HMF offers clients powerful protection for their most valuable assets. Members of our team have negotiated a broad range of agreements relating to trademarks, copyrights and patents, including licenses, assignments and franchising agreements.
HMF’s attorneys offer clients a comprehensive line of transactions and counselling services, including trademark clearance, prosecution and beyond. Specifically our trademark service line includes:
- Counselling regarding the creation, clearance and adoption of trademarks, service marks, and trade names
- Preparing and prosecuting trademark applications (domestic and international), including the maintenance of trademark portfolios
- Creating and implementing protection and enforcement programs, including the investigation of potential trademark infringements, counterfeiting, and grey-market matters as well as domain name and Internet monitoring
- Negotiating, drafting, reviewing and revising, and providing advice regarding trademark licenses, consent and coexistence agreements, and other trademark-related documents
- Handling the trademark aspects of corporate acquisitions, including due diligence and the negotiation of asset purchase agreements
- Conducting trademark portfolio audits and appraisals