Hon. Hugh C. Hart, O.J.
- Banking, Capital Markets and other Financial Services
- Company Law, Corporate Reorganisation and Restructuring
- Conveyancing, Resort Development and Real Estate Development
- Environmental Law and Compliance
- Commercial, Business and Trade Law
- Maritime, Shipping and Aviation Law
- Mergers & Acquisitions, Privatization and Joint Ventures
- Mining and Energy Law
- Tel: (876) 929-9677-8
- Fax: (876) 960-3800
Admitted to the Bar at Grays Inn, England in 1953 and admitted as a Solicitor in Jamaica in April 1956. He was educated at the Queen’s College, Oxford University. Hugh is a former Senior Partner and Consultant with an older Jamaican law firm. He has considerable experience in government, having served as a member of the Jamaican Senate between 1980-1993; as Minister of Mining & Energy between 1983 - 1989; and as Minister of Tourism between 1984–1989. He is a director and former Chairman of Jamaica Flour Mills Limited; a former Chairman of Carreras Group Limited, the Jamaica Bauxite Institute, the Bauxite & Alumina Trading Company Limited and the Petroleum Corporation of Jamaica. Hugh practises commercial law, primarily in the areas of taxation, real estate development, mining and corporate restructuring.
He was named as one of the Leading Commercial Lawyers in Jamaica by both Chambers Global and IFLR.