Commercial, Business and Trade Law
Our Attorneys provide services in the area of Commercial, Business and Trade Law with a wide range of experience in all aspects of commerce and commercial transactions. We represent many Jamaican and multinational corporations, advising on their wide and varied transactions locally and in the region.
We provide guidance and services in the following areas:-
- Franchise Agreements and Franchising
- Supply and Distribution Agreements
- Dealership and Agency Agreements and Contracts
- Commercial Agreements and Business Contracts
- Competition Law
- Transactional Documentation and Structuring for Commercial and Business Ventures
- International Loans and Financing
- Financial Services Regulation
As regards Trade Law, our team advises on the broad spectrum of trade rules, trade law and implementation of same (both domestic and international) as they impact on our clients business as well as trade in goods and services. We provide counsel and advice pertaining to:-
- Trade Disputes,
- Trade Rule Violations,
- Customs, Tarriffs and Import Duty Issues,
- Non-tarriff Barriers, Rules of Origin, MFN Treatment and Standards (including phytosanitary and certificate of origin issues),
- Immigration, Citizenship and Work Permit applications and issues,
- Anti-Dumping and Fair Competition,
- International Arbitration,
- Caricom, WTO and EPA Treaties, and
- Bi-Lateral Treaties (including Double Taxation Treaties).
We have represented clients in Arbitrations as well as disputes before trade tribunals such as the Anti-Dumping and Subsidies Commission, the Consumer Affairs Commission and the Fair Trading Commission. We also assist our clients as regards disputes in overseas countries in conjunction with Counsel in the relevant jurisdiction. Our Attorneys have served as Directors of the Fair Trading Commission and the Consumer Affairs Commission.